Les Tzigales is a string Gypsy Jazz band from Antwerp, established in 2013, by guitar player Ramsy Irani.
Les Tzigales is inspired by the Parisian acoustic jazz bands of the 1920’s & 40’s, but also by todays “mainly” French generation of string-players in this tradition.
We draw from the spirit of legendary artists from the past and today such as Django Reinhardt, Stephane Grapelli, Paquito d’Rivera, George Brassens, Charles Trenet, Jacques & Thomas Dutronc, Romane and others, the repertoire of this group is as diverse as itself.
Featuring 2 vocal guitarists, violin, bass and percussion Les Tzigales is sure to please any musical palette.
Ramsy Irani: solo guitar & vocals
Alexandre Tripodi: violin
Sam Stuyck: rhythm guitar & vocals
Frank de Wolf: upright bass
Eddie C: percussion or Eric Rits : drums
Check out our new 2nd album: “Anima Amici”
Read the CD-review by Freddie Vandervelpen on Rootsville.
Anima Amici – 2015
1. Dance 4 Dante (Ramsy Irani, Lyrics Eddie C.)
2. South of the waltz (Paquito d’Rivera)
3. La belle vie (Sacha Distel)
4. Plaza Mayo (Ramsy Irani)
5. J’suis pas d’ici (Thomas Dutronc)
6. Anima Amici (Ramsy Irani)
7. Paris s’éveille (Jacques Dutronc)
8. Seul ce soir (J. casanova, P. Durand, R Noël)
9. Ménilmontant (Charles Trenet)
10. Prelude (Ramsy Irani)
11. Montagne Ste-Geneviève (Django Reinhardt)
12. Ik voel me heel klein (George Brassens, translation Ramsy Irani)
13. Poinciana (Maria Grever)
14. Wawa dji ge doo (Ramsy Irani)